Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday Photo - Camping in the Rain

The last camping-in-the-rain photo just tickled my funny bone so much that I'm showing you another.  It might even be from the same trip as we all look about the same age.   Don't we look lovely in our matching raincoats.


It sure brings back memories - cold, damp, wet ones - which couldn't be further from the weather this summer, which has been, for the most part, hot and dry.


**************

I'm meeting Susan, of Susan on Design, who is visiting Toronto this week for work.  Susan lives and works in the lovely tiny maritime province of Prince Edward Island and is braving our hot humid weather to attend a buying show for her store Moving Designz Home and Cottage. We have arranged to meet tomorrow and have lunch in the Distillery District in Toronto.   I'm tickled pink to be meeting a real live bloggy friend.   Photos coming soon!






11 comments:

  1. Love your moms groovy glasses ha ha ha !!
    What a great post to start off my morning...love it!
    Thanks Grace ...I'm laughing away here.
    Pamela xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every family should have 'dress alike day' in my opinion... LOL Very cute!!

    Di

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those kind of glow in the dark a bit, huh? (or I guess you say, eh?) What a great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This picture is a great one because when you all are together again it will stimulate a "remember when?" story.I enjoyed your mini vacation photos -they were so peaceful looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You would never have a problem finding anyone with those raincoats. I hope you have a wonderful time visiting your blogging friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This picture completely cracks me up! It's a bit like an 'are we having fun yet' moment. Enjoy meeting Susan. That sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Grace, I had to laugh at this photo because it reminds me of my one and only time camping. Hubby, son and I went camping in a tent about 10 years ago. It poured down rain all evening and we woke up at 2:00 am with us and our sleeping bags soaking wet! We packed up and drove the two hours home. Thanks for stopping by and entering my giveaway.
    Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. That picture is just priceless! Love your Mom's glasses. Too funny!
    Have fun on your playdate tomorrow!!
    Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting, have a wonderful time tomorrow! And my father was an avid backpacker, so we had many camping trips where we woke up with things floating in our tent due to a fly coming down in the middle of the night!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun to meet a bloggie friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That picture is fantastic!

    Also, it should be so much fun to meet up with a fellow blogger -- it's wonderful to finally connect. Have a fabulous time, Grace -- can't wait to hear about it :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete