Sunday, August 15, 2010

Grafton Village Inn Mosaic

A couple of weekends ago, by pure chance, my husband and I found the Grafton Village Inn and what a treasure it is!

The Inn, which is just east of Cobourg, Ontario, originally opened in 1820 and was extensively renovated and restored in 1988.  The decor is beautiful with rich pumpkin walls, quilts, and lovely wooden tables and chairs.  The lunch was fantastic - see I was so thoughtful I even took a photo of it to get your mouth watering - yum - eggs benedict on smoked salmon, fruit and fried potatoes.


I made a mosaic with some of the other photos I took at the Inn.


After lunch we walked around the village of Grafton - I loved this little house with its ochre paint and its bright red back door.  We also stopped to admire the town administrative buildings that had a pretty cupola and the lovely community garden.


What an amazing place to stumble upon and a grand start to our weekend getaway.


Linked to Mosaic Monday at Little Red House.

9 comments:

  1. The Inn looks to inviting and breakfast, Oh wow, so yummy!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous looking place. That pumpkin wall paint is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a charming Inn! I loved that you shared this with us today and yes, now I am hungry for breakfast!

    Happy I found your blog!

    Nancy
    Nancy's Notes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure what looks better, that little house with the red door or those fried potatoes! What a great place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your mosaic Grace...great pics and what a wonderful spot to visit.
    I think you have a future in travel writing!!

    Jeanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Inn, and your breakfast, look wonderful. It would be fun to dine in that lovely room with the quilt for a view! Thanks for sharing another great little corner of our beautiful Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been through Grafton a number of times going to Rice Lake but never stopped at the Grafton Inn. Foods looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, it looks like such a lovely place to visit!

    ReplyDelete