Wednesday, May 23, 2012

WISH Wednesday #32

In honour of Jonathan being in Edinburgh to do research for his next book, I decided to post a room with a Scottish feel for WISH Wednesday.  I'm not actually sure if the room is in Scotland, but it certainly looks it.  I love the blue plaid against the yellow walls, the ornate furniture with the calm white bedding, and the paintings of Scottish Highland Cattle on the walls.



Design, Decor ...

I always wonder if it would be a problem having such a dominant pattern on the headboard and chair in your bedroom. Would you do that or do you prefer neutrals so you can change the bedding?

5 comments:

  1. I love your wish wednesday room! Scotland is one of my favorite places in the world.

    This is a beautiful room.

    Have a great day! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! I love the all that plaid on the main furniture! The more the better I say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at blue, plaid and cattle ;) I could live with the plaid upholstered chair and headboard especially with neutral linens, but probably only in a guest room. Wishing Jonathan an enjoyable and safe visit with lots of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's fun to imagine the house and the setting where this room came from - would make a good book setting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love all things Scottish! :D This room is so pretty, and I have always loved butter yellow with blue accents. LOVE this WISH Wednesday post!

    ReplyDelete