Friday, August 30, 2013

Scrumptious Sandwich #1



I have sandwiches on the brain what with school starting up next week.  I wanted to share with you a few of my tried-and-true favourite sandwiches.  Some of them are fairly normal (like today's), but some of them fall in the category of strange, but scrumptious (coming soon).  

Let me introduce you to my one of my favourite sandwiches that I eat a steady diet of at this time of the year - the cream cheese and tomato sandwich. There is only a small window of time when you can get those big meaty flavourful tomatoes and fresh basil and that time is now my friends.  You can see why I had to let you in on my sandwich secrets before it is too late.

It's a pretty easy sandwich. Here's all you need for it:


Is your mouth watering as much as mine?  




I started you off easy with one of my crowd pleaser sandwiches, but my next sandwich is a Swedish bombshell and may scare you (consider yourself forewarned).  

Do you have a favourite sandwich?

3 comments:

  1. Yes, my mouth is definitely watering. This is my kind of sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. I would never have combined cream cheese and tomato but it's brilliant! I have fresh tomatoes and basil from my container garden. I am trying this as soon as I can get some cream cheese! Hope your school year gets off to a good start. ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooo Trip will love these! Thanks, Gracie! :D

    ReplyDelete