Friday, November 1, 2013

Today is Bouquet Day


  



Looks like my prediction last week was wrong - I was able to scrounge one more bouquet out of our garden.  Despite a frost or two, the blue salvia were still going strong so I cut some to put on our table.

I think they look like lavender and thus sort of French which inspired me to pair the salvia with a linen tablecloth.  I got this tablecloth at a thrift store several years ago and have used it lots which accounts for the softness of the linen and the fadedness of the printed flowers.  A vintage mason jar as a vase was the obvious choice with all that French country look happening. 

What are you up to this weekend?  I thought we were going to the cottage, but last minute change of plans has us home and kicking back.  

P.S.  I swear I ironed the tablecloth - linen just keeps you humble when it comes to wrinkles.

4 comments:

  1. I think linen is meant to look like that, it's a chic way of dressing a table or even yourself in a casual way. Your salvia looks very pretty in the jar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your linen cloth looks very chic. I like the pattern and I do think it is meant to look a bit more casual (wrinkled) than starched and flat. Rustic, country comes to mind. Perfect paired with the sealer jar and flowers.
    Have a lovely weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  3. My salvia is still blooming, it seems to be going on forever this year, and I am not complaining. I think your tablecloth is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love rumpled linen...and the blue is perfect!

    ReplyDelete