Sunday, January 4, 2015

New Ideas for 2015


Welcome to 2015. We made it through the holidays. I love Christmas with its bustle of family activities and mad dash for the finish line of gift buying and wrapping and opening and eating.  Oh, the eating.  So much eating. Anyway, I love it all, but I get to the beginning of the year and I, like almost everyone else, feel the need for a little simplicity and calmness and health living.

I'm a resolutions kind of girl, but it often takes me a bit of time to think what I want to accomplish in a year. Here's what I have come up with for 2015:

1. Try something new every month. It might be a new vegetable, visit a town I haven't explored, a restaurant I haven't been to, or a museum I haven't visited.

2. Work on incorporating my new way of eating into my life to maintain my weight. I lost 10 pounds in the fall through changing the way I ate and I want to work on making it my new normal way to eat (I slip back to old habits at the drop of a hat). More details to come in another post.

3. Experiment with new settings on camera. Sigh! I say this every year and I still don't know how to use my camera, but I really want to learn. Let 2015 be the year!

4. Travel to a new place. So far Peru and Iceland are being considered, but who knows. I get to January 1st every year and like clockwork I begin to pine to travel. I start contemplating where I might go, when, the itinerary, what to see, what to pack. I love all the planning and contemplating as it fills my mind with possibilities. By the way, you can tell that the travelling bug has got me because I spent a good part of today setting up my Travel page (along the header of my blog). Feel free to have a look and let me know what you think.



Do you set goals for a new year? I love that quotation at the top of my blog - a new heart is always a good idea!

7 comments:

  1. Those are fabulous goals for 2015 Grace. And I think easily achievable. There are still things on my camera I don't use yet either! That should be a goal of mine too. And loose weight - more exercise is part of my plans. And as for travel - yes, much more travel. We haven't set our travel plans yet. Australia is so far from anywhere! Wishing you a wonderful 2015. And thank you for stopping by my blog and your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps - I love the way you have set up your travel index with the images at the beginning of each set. I think I should do that in my index too. Canada is so far up on my travel list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try something new each month sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have set some wonderful goals! I've always wanted to visit Iceland. We want to go within the next couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always have a tough time with resolutions for me personally but love to see other people setting them and trying to maintain them. This year we went around the table on the 31st and everybody had something to say then they realized that once again I had gone quiet. :) Perhaps this year I should really figure it out as you have. Travel always sounds like a good one to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have decided to enter more outdoor movement in my life and indoor meditation - I am not comfortable with the word ´sport´, but working, walking in the nature and in the garden with a spade or a dog... I liked your idea of something new every month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are great resolutions! I guess goals are pretty similar, that's what I choose to chip away at. Hubby has a new contract position that could turn into permanent full time (praying hard!) and we would love to use some of the weekends off to see a bit more of Ontario.

    ReplyDelete